Last week, the two Democratic candidates for attorney general debated for the first time in Strafford and on the set of WCAX's "You Can Quote Me." They also debated whether they're debating enough.
This week, Attorney General Bill Sorrell and Chittenden County State's Attorney T.J. Donovan are back to just plain debating — twice. Tonight they'll face off at a Shelburne Town Hall debate hosted by the Chittenden County Democratic Party. On Thursday, they'll go head-to-head on Vermont Public Television. Next Wednesday, August 15, Seven Days and Channel 17 are hosting an AG's primary debate at Burlington City Hall.
Below is a schedule of the debates scheduled thus far. Stay tuned for additions, as both campaigns have expressed a willingness to schedule a few more. Cuz nine debates clearly won't do the trick.
- Tuesday, July 31 — Vi Coffin Memorial Forum — Strafford Town House — 7 p.m. — See coverage from the Valley News, the Burlington Free Press and the BFP's vt.Buzz blog. Listen to the debate here.
- Wednesday Aug. 1 — Taping of WCAX's "You Can Quote Me" — Two-part debate to be broadcast Sunday, Aug. 5 and Sunday, Aug. 12 — See coverage from WCAX, the Associated Press and the Times Argus. Watch part 1 of the debate here.
- Tuesday, Aug. 7 — Chittenden County Democrats' Debate — Shelburne Town Hall — 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 9 — Vermont Public Television Debate — 8 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 13 — Debate on WDEV's The Mark Johnson Show — 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 15 — Seven Days & Channel 17 Debate — 5 p.m. — Burlington City Hall (and streamed live on 7dvt.com)
- Thursday, Aug. 16 — Burlington Free Press Debate, Pt. 1 — Noon — Streamed live on burlingtonfreepress.com
- Tuesday, Aug. 21 — Burlington Free Press Debate, Pt. 2 — Noon — Streamed live on burlingtonfreepress.com
- Thursday, Aug. 23 — VPR's Vermont Edition — Noon