Yesterday we kicked off the Vermont Brew Bracket with voting in half of the first-round match-ups. There are no big upsets to report so far; the higher-seeded brew won in all match-ups. Congratulations to Wolaver's Oatmeal Stout for winning with the largest margin, a 77.2% to 22.8% drubbing of McNeill's Pullman's Porter. The closest match-up popped up in the Nugget region, where Rock Art Ridge Runner edged out Zero Gravity TLA IPA by 9 percentage points.
Voting is now open for the Centennial and Simcoe regions, featuring the debut of more big Vermont beers (and Woodchuck Amber Cider, for the non-beer drinkers among us). Click here to cast your votes before the end of today.
Tomorrow we move on to the second round — the Sweet 16 Oz. The voting window for that will begin tomorrow and last through the weekend.
After the jump, see all the results from Day 1.
1. Magic Hat #9 - 61.59% (202 votes)
8. Madison Old 76 - 38.41% (126 votes)
4. Lawson's Double Sunshine IPA - 61.79% (207 votes)
5. Harpoon UFO 38.21% - (128 votes)
3. Rock Art Vermonster - 68.48% (226 votes)
6. McNeill's Dark Angel Imperial Stout - 31.52% (104 votes)
2. Trout River Rainbow Red - 58.44% (187 votes)
7. Zero Gravity London Calling - 41.56% (133 votes)
1. Long Trail Ale - 73.31% (239 votes)
8. Norwich Inn Whistling Pig Red Ale - 26.69% (87 votes)
4. Rock Art Ridge Runner - 54.6% (178 votes)
5. Zero Gravity TLA IPA - 45.4% (148 votes)
3. Shed Mountain Ale - 58.44% (187 votes)
6. Three Needs Chocolate Thunder Porter - 41.56% (133 votes)
2. Wolaver's Oatmeal Stout - 77.2% (254 votes)
7. McNeill's Pullman's Porter - 22.8% (75 votes)
Toni Spera-Flanigan: For all of you that put in comments over the 7 days article. I have a home in…
Alec Sevins: The Sutton_Hoos of the world keep pretending that wind turbines A) don't add cumulative impact to what Man…